The beginning of a new year is a good time to get yourself organised and clean up all those odds and ends that were hanging over you last year. The same goes for your PC – over the course of a year, you gradually end up with files and programs on your hard drive that you don’t need anymore and you’ve probably ceased noticing that they even exist. That’s not to mention all those sneaky little programs that have secretly managed to install themselves during 2007. Here are 5 top tools to wipe the slate clean.
- CCleaner – Performs a through clean but features a better uninstaller than Windows
- TuneUp Utilities – Cleans and optimises your PC in one package
- Advanced Uninstaller – Removes hidden and awkward to uninstall programs
- Pocket KillBox – Allows you to delete files that simply won’t delete normally
- DeleteOnClick – Keep your PC cleaner with easier access to deletion options