The surprise comes mainly because while Battlefield 4 has a shiny new Frostbite engine, and looks seriously impressive, Call of Duty: Ghosts uses an updated version of the engine used in previous COD games. You’ll need at least 6GB of RAM, and 40GB of hard disk space.
2013 is the first year since 2007’s Call of Duty: Modern Warfare that a Call of Duty game hasn’t felt like a big event. There hasn’t been any huge controversy, like the ‘No Russian’ level caused, and there’s a general feeling that the series has failed to innovate enough to remain exciting. Call of Duty: Ghosts is also unlikely to break any sales record this year, in the wake of the all conquering GTA V.
When we saw an early version of the game this year, it felt very much like more of the same, while Battlefield 4 looks bolder, brighter and more visceral than any mainstream first person shooter we’ve seen before.
Despite these concerns, Call of Duty: Ghosts will undoubtedly be a big hit. Check out the full minimum specs below,
Minimum System Requirements:
- OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit
- CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
- Memory: 6 GB RAM
- Hard Disk Space: 40 GB
- Video: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
- Sound: DirectX compatible sound card
- DirectX®: DirectX® 11
- Internet: Broadband Internet connection for Steam and Online Multiplayer.
[Source: Call of Duty Community]