Time trials have returned to Fortnite as part of the Season 6 Week 3 challenges. Veteran players might recognize this mini-game from previous seasons, but Epic has slightly altered things for Season 6. This time around, players will only have to complete three trials to mark the challenge as complete, as opposed to more in previous seasons. So where are these trials? And how should you go about completing them?
Timed trial start locations are marked by translucent blue stopwatches, such as the one below:
They aren’t marked on the minimap, but you should be able to notice a blue beacon glowing in the distance as you approach.
Where to find the timed trials in Fortnite
Timed trials map
So far, we’ve come across the following time trial locations:
Timed trials locations
- Shifty Shafts: This trial can be found on a bridge to the southeast of the Shafts.
- Tilted Towers: Just south of Tilted Towers, you’ll find a hill with a single lonely shack perched on top. Look for the trial start near this shack.
- Snobby Shores: This one can be tricky to get to. It’s located on top of the mountain that marks the location of the old villain lair, and you might need to build to reach it.
- Tomato Temple: This trial is located on the Temple itself. Make sure you have an ample stockpile of supplies on hand and quick reflexes, because you’ll have to do some serious building to complete this one in time.
- Dusty Divot: This trial can be found atop a hill to the west of Dusty Divot.
As you approach the trial markers, you’ll be prompted to interact with them. Before you start, make sure you have at least a few building supplies on hand. For some trials, you’ll need to build to get to all the markers, and others will require you to think quickly and break down obstacles to reach the checkpoints.
After activating the initial marker, you’ll see a series of secondary markers pop up around you:
To complete the trial, simply tag all the markers before your time runs out. It’s just that simple. Do this for three separate trials, and that’s another Season 6 challenge in the bag.