I’ve had a white car for more than ten years now and though it still works fine, sometimes I wish I could have it painted again with a brighter color. It’s quite a pricey change in real life, but if you’re in this same situation you can at least give it a try in Photoshop. Simply follow this easy tutorial and learn how to change the color of your car (and basically any other object) in just a few steps.
1. Open the photo you’re going to work with and switch to Quick Mask mode by clicking on the highlighted button in the screenshot. Then grab the brush and start painting all over the areas you want to colorize.
2. When you’re done, switch back to Normal mode and the photo will display a selection. Click on Select > Inverse and this selection will be limited to just the areas whose color you want to change.
3. Press Ctrl+U to bring up the Hue/Saturation controls. Make sure the “Colorize” option is enabled and start moving the slides until you see a color you like.
4. Click on OK and your newly colored car will be finished!
5. Try different colors and see which one you like best.