PaintTool SAI is a paint tool for Windows that will help you unleash the artist in you. However, if you’re a beginner you may find this program a bit difficult to use. In this video tutorial we will show you how to get started:
1. First, open PaintTool SAI. If you don’t have it installed, you can download it from the developer’s website or from Softonic.com. Do be aware that during the installation process several additional software will be offered to you, so if you don’t want to install them or change your browser settings please opt out by unticking the corresponding boxes.
2. Go to File and select New to create a new canvas. You will be able to name it and to choose the preset from the drop-down menu. Once selected, click OK.
3. As soon as you see the canvas in the middle of the screen you’ll be able to start drawing! You’ll find a wide range of options available to choose from: including the color you want to use, the tools you want to work with from a range of pencil, airbrush, brush, water color, marker, bucket and more. You’ll be able to select the edge shape and size, density and texture of what you’re working with. You can test every setting on the scratchpad before implementing it on the canvas. While you can use this program with your mouse in order to get the most out of it, we recommend using a drawing tablet.
4. You can drag, rotate and zoom the canvas anytime to work more comfortably. In case you forgot a color you previously used, click on Color picker to use it again.
5. If you click on Layer you’ll be able to add more layers to your creations. Just click on Show / Hide Layer to see which one you’re currently working on. You can also clear or delete specific layers if you’re not happy with the results.
6. On the Filter tab you’ll be able to change the hue and saturation as well as the brightness and contrast of the last line you’ve drawn.
7. Finally, on the File tab you’ll find the option Export as” letting you save your drawing in several formats. This will allow you to share your art and edit it with other programs.
8. Don’t forget to save your drawing before closing PaintTool SAI!