A deleted Rockstar Support page has given away a secret of the upcoming high definition versions of GTA V for PC, Playstation 4, and Xbox One. There will be an in-vehicle and on-foot first person mode.
Answering the question ‘what changes will I see when upgrading to the PS4, Xbox One, or PC version of GTA V’, the support answer listed the following:
– A brand new first person mode for vehicles that shows the interior of the vehicle, including working speedometers, tachometers, dash lights, and more
-A brand new first person mode while on foot
– A wealth of new easter eggs and random events for Story Mode
– New animals roaming Los Santos
– Animals in GTA Online?
– Players that transfer characters from Xbox 360 or PS3 will receive free new weapons and a free garage in GTA Online.
– Newly overhauled character selection screen
First person mode has long been a popular request, and mods that do it have also been successful, but an official version will likely be much better. Being able to look around a working vehicle interior is great, and on foot, combat could be quite different, making the game play like a first person shooter. It does raise some issues with multiplayer though – would a first-person view player have an advantage over someone using the traditional third-person view?
The support request was deleted, but can be seen in a Google cache of the original page. It could be that this information was released by accident, but of course it’s also possible that it was deleted because it was wrong. It seems like a first person mode is a credible idea, but without official word from Rockstar, we should be a little careful.
GTA V for PC is released on January 27th 2015.
Follow Jonathan on Twitter: @jonathanriggall