Although internet connections are becoming increasingly ubiquitous, it’s often an ongoing battle to keep them stable – especially the wireless kind. There is nothing more annoying than having your surfing and work interrupted continually by dropped connections. It’s particularly annoying if you’re working on a VPN or other type of network connection because it means constantly logging in with your username and password.
Alternatively, if you’ve got a dodgy router or poor wireless reception, you could be experiencing frequent connection cuts. If you fall into any of these categories, these top tools are designed to ensure that your connection downtimes are a thing of the past, or at least minimised:
- Connection Keeper – Prevents connections going down due to periods of inactivity
- Stay Connected – Redials or researches for your wireless connection instantly
- Rascal – Compensates in advance of impending drops by monitoring your modem
- BeamFile – Resumes the sending of very large files over broken connections in seconds
- Advanced Dialer – Designed especially for those still on dial-up connections