Sitting between the Dell XPS premium range and the mainstream Inspiron models is the Dell Inspiron 16 Plus – a high-quality, robust laptop with excellent features. With a massive array of features, ranging from the 11th Gen Intel® Core and built-in graphics to the sustainable design, it’s hard to believe that this laptop is part of Dell’s more affordable Inspiron range.
Watch, Create, and Play in High Resolution
The Inspiron 16 Plus is a giant leap forward for Dell, primarily due to the 16:10, 16-inch screen. It’s one of the first affordable premium laptops with this size screen, but it gets better. The laptop comes with native 3K resolution and supports 100% sRGB and 81% AdobeRGB color ranges. It’s capable of supporting games, creative software, and movies in incredible detail and vivid colors.
The laptop has a built-in NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 graphics card with 4GB GDDR6 memory, enhancing your visual experience. Don’t worry about the visuals straining your eyes. The Inspiron 16 Plus comes with a ComfortView Plus display that lowers the amount of blue light emission and reduces the impact of long periods of use on the eyes.
Other Technical Specs
- Processor: 11th Gen Intel® Core i7 (4.6 GHz, 8-core).
- Operating System (OS): Windows 10 Home 64-bit.
- Video Card: NVIDIA® GeForce RTX™ 3050 4GB GDDR6.
- Display: 3K 16-inch Display (3,072px x 1920px).
- Display Brightness: 300 nits.
- Memory: 16GB RAM, 3200MHz DDR4.
- Storage: 512GB Solid State Drive (Optional Upgrade to 1TB).
- Camera: 720p, 30FPS HD camera with built-in dual-array microphones.
- Ports: 2 x USB 3.2 Gen 1 ports, 1 x Thunderbolt™ 4 port, Universal Audio Jack, HDMI port, power adapter port.
- Average Battery Life (In-Use): 11-13 hours.
Other Features: Connected, Cooler, Optimal Performance
With a high-performance 11th Gen Intel® Core™ and the NVIDIA® GeForce graphics card, the Inspiron makes good use of its three fans and five heat pipes to keep the laptop cool and working well. The GPU is also backed by free NVIDIA Studio drivers, optimized to make the most of applications like Adobe’s design range.
Connectivity is also a breeze. The laptop comes with two standard USB ports at Gen 1 speeds and includes a Thunderbolt™ 4 port, an excellent addition to a device at this price range. It also includes an Intel Wi-Fi 6 module, so you can stay connected easily wherever wi-fi is available.
Finally, Dell adds a nice touch to the 720p HD camera by including a privacy shutter, preventing curious eyes from turning the lens on you.
Sustainable Design, Real-World Capabilities
Aside from its excellent features and hardware, the Inspiron 16 Plus is designed with sustainability and real-world functionality in mind. All the painted parts are coated with eco-friendly VOC waterborne paint, while the packaging is made from recycled materials. To ensure that the laptop also works in almost all situations, Dell tested:
- Its ability to deal with harsh, short-term heat up to 65°C.
- The quality of the hinges after 20,000 uses.
- The longevity of the keyboard after 10 million keystrokes.
- How the battery holds up after 30 removals and reinstallations.
In short, Dell went above and beyond to ensure that the Inspiron 16 Plus is durable, sustainable, and perfect for everyday use.
The Bottom Line
Although the Inspiron 16 Plus isn’t entirely on the same level as Dell’s premium XPS line, it’s as close as you can get while still on the budget. While there are some notable differences, the Inspiron 16 Plus feels and works like a premium laptop at a mid-range price. The 16-inch display, Intel i7, real-world capabilities, long battery life, and built-in GeForce graphics make this device ideally suited as a mobile entertainment system or as a tool for creators on the go.