There are few games more complete, complex, and enjoyable than Roblox. This metagame is one of the most famous in the world, and we explain how you can play it on your newly purchased Chromebook.
Roblox is an incredibly popular online game. If you’ve recently switched to a Chromebook, you might be eager to have Roblox on your new laptop. Unfortunately, it doesn’t have a native app for ChromeOS.
Luckily, like many other games, you can use Android app compatibility to enjoy it on your new Chromebook, provided the feature is enabled on your Chromebook.
For those with older Chromebooks, you can also play Roblox through the web browser on a third-party website, as long as it’s not blocked.
How to run Roblox on a Chromebook using the Android app
If your Chromebook is from 2017 or later, there’s a good chance it can run Android apps, which also means you can play Roblox on your Chromebook by downloading it through the Google Play Store.
Usually, Google Play Store should be enabled by default and pre-installed, but just in case it’s not, here’s a step-by-step guide on how you can install it and Roblox.
- Click on the time in the bottom right corner of the screen and then on the gear icon for Settings.
- Once in ChromeOS Settings, choose Apps in the sidebar.
- Next, select Google Play Store.
- Click on the button that says Enable.
- Your Chromebook will download and install Google Play Store. This may take a few minutes.
- Once installed, click on the circular launcher icon located on the left side of the screen. Look for Google Play Store.
- Launch the app.
- In the search bar at the top of Google Play Store, type Roblox or click on the following link to access the game listing.
- Press Install.
Once you click Install, Roblox will be installed on your Chromebook. You can find it in your launcher. Click on the icon to open the game.
Log into your Roblox account or create a new one and start playing. The game should run smoothly, provided you have a modern Chromebook.