After a few hours working with the computer, Windows folders begin to look way too similar… wait a minute: they’re all identical! Same shape, same size, same color. Doesn’t it make you go nuts when trying to find a given directory? What if you could change those repetitive folder icons in some way?
In fact, there are several ways you can customize folders by changing their color or replacing their icon with a more meaningful symbol, so that you can boost your productivity when working within Windows Explorer. Different colors and icons make it easier to distinguish folders and find what you’re looking for without having to read each separate directory name. So just take a look at this list, choose wisely and pimp your folders right away!
- xpFolders – More than 200 different folder icons
- Nice Folders – Give your folder icons a facelift
- FolderIcons – Change folder icons with a single click
- Folder Icon Changer – Search and replace standard icons for folders and drives
- Folder Marker – Colour up folders from their context menu
- MyFolder – Customize folder icons with new colors and symbols
- Rainbow Folders – Colorize unlimited folders