Apple’s wireless ear jacks have been out for over a year now, and have proven very popular for joggers and gym bunnies who appreciate the lack of annoying cables.
But all that earplug love could turn to fear and loathing thanks to what Jason Colon said happened to him during a workout in Tampa, Florida.
According to the buff gym-goer, one of his AirPods started belching white smoke, caught fire, then exploded.
There are no corroborating witnesses, but take a look at the news report; Colon’s testimony seems pretty genuine, as does the damage to his ear jacks.
Apple is investigating the incident – but in the meantime, let’s hope listening to music won’t literally blow anyone’s ears off.