Until now, users of BlackBerry and Java phones have had to restart downloads every time a connection is interrupted for any reason. Needless to say, this is annoying and can lead to unnecessary data charges. Thankfully, Opera Mini 7.1 addresses this issue, by allowing you to pick up downloads that don’t finish for any reason.
The download manager in Opera Mini 7.1 now throws up a prompt before every download that lets you rename the file, or change the destination directory. You can even tell Opera Mini to open a downloaded file directly with a certain application.
Here’s the full change log for the Java J2ME version of Opera Mini 7.1:
- Pause-resume downloads across sessions
- Smaller files (up to around 15 MB) are downloaded faster
- Renaming of files before downloading
- Last download folder is remembered
- Option to open files on the device instead of downloading through Mini
- Various stability and performance improvements