Announcing its new collaboration with Barclays US Consumer Bank, Xbox is rolling out the no-annual-fee Xbox Mastercard credit card.
Xbox has caught wind of its players’ desires for extra perks and is stepping up its game with a financial power-up. This exclusive piece of plastic enables players to earn points through their regular purchases, which can later be redeemed for games and in-game add-ons on xbox.com.
Initially, the Xbox Mastercard will only be available to Xbox Insiders residing in the 50 United States, starting on September 21. The general Xbox-playing population in the U.S. can expect access by 2024.
When it comes to point accrual, the Xbox Mastercard has a pretty spiffy reward system:
- Score big with 5x card points on eligible purchases at the Microsoft Store.
- Collect 3x card points on popular streaming services like Netflix and Disney+.
- Add 3x card points to your stash when you use eligible dining delivery services such as Grubhub and DoorDash.
- Earn a straightforward 1x card points on all your other day-to-day expenses.
Unlocking Xbox Mastercard rewards
But wait, there’s more! The Xbox Mastercard isn’t just about racking up points. It comes jam-packed with other bonuses designed to get your pulse racing:
- Bag 5,000 card points (worth $50!) right after your first purchase.
- If you’re new to Xbox Game Pass Ultimate, enjoy a complimentary three-month membership following your initial purchase. Already a member? Gift it to a buddy for some co-op action.
- Choose from one of five iconic designs for your card and amp up the cool factor by adding your gamertag.
- Swipe, tap, or click—the card supports contactless payments and digital wallets.
- Keep tabs on your financial health with free access to your FICO Credit Score, complete with handy alerts for any changes.
- Enjoy $0 Fraud Liability protection, which means you’re not on the hook for unauthorized charges.
Want to get first dibs? To join the Xbox Insider Program, download the Xbox Insider Hub app on your Xbox or Windows PC. For more details, head over to the Xbox Insider Program’s homepage.
Credit card application steps
For those of you who are Xbox Insiders residing in the continental U.S., Alaska, or Hawaii, mark your calendars: applications for the Xbox Mastercard kick off on September 21. The roll-out will happen in phases for Insiders this fall, so keep an eye out for your chance to snag one.
Xbox is all ears for your thoughts on this new venture. They’re committed to refining and expanding ways to make your gaming experience more rewarding. Want in on this action? Get those applications ready and let the games—well, the financial benefits—begin.