WYSIWYG. You’ve probably come across this acronym a couple of times, especially when talking about web editors. But do you know what it really means? WYSIWYG stands for “What you See Is What You Get”, which means that these kind of editors display content as it will appear online during the edition process. Therefore you can see how the webpage will look, while you’re working.
This procedure makes website creation much easier, because it allows you to work directly on the website’s layout as it will be displayed on the screen, instead of typing source code. In a way it’s more similar to a word processor than to a real web editor: you can format text, add pictures or insert a table just like you do it in Word.
So if you want to have your own website but have no coding knowledge, don’t worry. Pick any of these WYSIWYG editors and start building your online presence today!
- DHE Editor Site Builder – Create your website using both CSS or tabled layouts
- Web Page Maker – Easy editor with built-in templates and support for Flash animation
- Nvu – Fast, powerful and reliable web editor based on the Gecko layout engine
- Kompozer – An excellent editor that continues to develop and improve Nvu’s code
- SiteSpinner – Intuitive editor that helps you take your first steps in web design
- WYSIWYG Web Builder – Build your website by simply dragging and dropping elements
- Dreamweaver – A professional yet easy-to-use editor, fully integrated with Photoshop