If you watched Meta’s conference the other day, you were probably intrigued by the Meta Quest 3 app that allowed you to watch basketball games and UFC fights in virtual reality from the comfort of your couch.
For all those discovering Xtadium today, here’s what the Spanish-born app has to offer: developed by YBVR, the app brings you closer than ever to the action with 180-degree virtual reality (VR) images in up to 8K video quality.
Real-time statistical overlays, which you can turn on or off, allow you to stay on top of the match or competition, and you can choose from up to eight different camera angles to get the best shot.
And as a good application designed for the metaverse, you can enjoy an event by yourself or create a private party for your friends to join you.
Xtadium, currently only available in the U.S., will offer live events, on-demand replays and immersive highlights for the ultimate sports experience. The following content will be available at launch:
In 180-degree VR:
- Three 45-minute VOD versions of NASCAR Cup Series races
- Two UFC Fight Pass VOD events, LFA 141 and LFA 144
- Live Matches and VOD of the All American Cup – Team Tennis Tournament
- A collection of full VOD fight cards and highlights from ONE Championship
- Euroleague Basketball archive images
- Live content on beIN SPORTS XTRA channel
- Some waves of the World Surf League
Meta explains that it expects Xtadium to receive more sports content in the coming months, so it can offer it with its virtual reality glasses.
Fans will also be able to get a ticket to live pay-per-view events or access subscription-only content. In this way, it will be like watching a game in the front row… but without standing in line.