Hollywood continues to be at war. During the first week of May, screenwriters went on strike against producers to demand a better labor agreement to protect them. They are asking for better conditions, wages and protection against certain threats such as Artificial Intelligence. And until they get it, they will not go back to work.
This strike repeats the one that took place between 2007 and 2008, and the consequences were disastrous. Many remember that, after a sublime first season, because of the strike the second batch of episodes of Heroes was terrible, and the series ended up lowering its level a lot. And it was also the time when movies like X-Men Origins: Wolverine came out… something nobody wants to remember, honestly.
But how can this strike affect us today? Unfortunately, in an even more direct and stronger way than then. In the streaming era, much more premieres are released and all productions are rushed, so there are many more films and series that may be affected. And not only those that are not yet written and need screenwriters, but also those that are being filmed, since during filming not even a comma of the scripts could be changed.
All productions affected by the screenwriters strike
That said, there are an infinite number of productions that will be affected in independent production companies. But, for the moment, we have a list of those that are at risk due to the strike as far as big studios and platforms are concerned. Below, we leave you with all the series and movies that have confirmed to be suffering the consequences of the strike:
- American Horror Story: Delicate’ (FX)
- ‘Andor’ season 2 (Disney+)
- ‘Big Mouth’ season 8 (Netflix)
- ‘Cobra Kai’ season 6 (Netflix)
- ‘Colegio Abbott’ season 3 (ABC)
- ‘Daredevil: Born Again’ (Disney+)
- ESDLA: The Rings of Power season 2 (Prime Video)
- ‘Evil’ temporada 4 (Paramount+)
- ‘Hacks’ season 3 (HBO)
- ‘Loot’ season 2 (Apple TV+)
- ‘Family Guy’ season 22 (Fox)
- Father Made in USA’ season 20 (TBS)
- Separation’ season 2 (Apple TV+)
- ‘Stranger Things’ season 5 (Netflix)
- ‘The Last of Us’ season 2 (HBO)
- ‘The Mandalorian’ season 4 (Disney+)
- ‘Yellowjackets’ season 3 (Showtime)
- ‘Blade’ (Marvel Studios)
- ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ (ABC)
- ’The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon’ (NBC)
- ‘Late Night with Seth Meyers’ (NBC)
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ (NBC)
- ‘The Late Show with Stephen Colbert’ (CBS)
- ‘Real Time with Bill Maher’ (HBO)
- ‘This Week Tonight with John Oliver’ (HBO)
- ‘The Daily Show’ (Comedy Central)
Some of the links added in the article are part of affiliate campaigns and may represent benefits for Softonic.