Did you know there was a way to have two accounts on WhatsApp? As in, using the app with two different telephone numbers on the same telephone?
Many people have various devices and more than one telephone number for their own reasons, so being able to have access to two WhatsApp accounts simultaneously from the same device can be extremely useful (particularly if you don’t want to always leave the house with two different handsets).
While there is no official method of being able to do this, we have discovered two unofficial ways/tricks that work – so let’s take a look!
Method 1: The Guest user trick
To use this method, you just have to use the “Guest mode” on your phone, available on Android Lollipop. By using this method, you’ll have a parallel handset (but on the same mobile), as if it were another user connected to the same device (with different apps installed, different email address and a different WhatsApp, etc). In order to set this up, just follow the instructions below:
1) Create a “Guest” user. To do this, go to the drop-down menu from the top of the screen and tap the photo for the user. Then select Add Guest. (Please note that this option in not available on all phones running Android Lollipop)
2) Download WhatsApp while using this profile.
3) Follow the configuration process while installing WhatsApp, entering your other number when the app prompts you for it. If you are not using a dual SIM card, you will receive a message from WhatsApp with the confirmation code on the device containing the other SIM. Once you have registered, your WhatsApp account will have been set up. You simply have to switch between users from within Android settings to gain access to each individual WhatsApp account.
Method 2: Using the Parallel Space app
The alternative trick is to use an app called Parallel Space. This method is particularly useful if your mobile is not running on Android Lollipop, or if your device is a Samsung.
Parallel Space lets you set up a duplicate account on the same handset for almost any application, including social networks, games and of course, WhatsApp. Here’s how to get it working:
1) Install Parallel Space on your device.
2) Start up the app and select WhatsApp from the option list.
3) WhatsApp’s usual configuration process will begin on the app.
4) Follow the process while installing WhatsApp, entering your other number when the app prompts you for it. If you are not using a dual SIM card, you will receive a message from WhatsApp with the confirmation code on the device containing the different SIM. Once you have registered, your WhatsApp account will have been set up.
5) Select whether or not you wish to import the backup of your previous conversations for that number. Your second WhatsApp account is now ready! In order to access it, simply go to the notifications bar. All you have to do is click the icon to use the app!