The excellent Google Translate app for iOS is a great tool for translating words and phrases on the go. However, you always need to use it as a standalone app, so it’s not ideal for translating from web pages, because you constantly have to copy and paste the text between Safari and Google Translate.
1. Launch the program and select your language (i.e. what you want to translate pages to). Click the Integrate button and Tap-Translate will add itself to Safari.
2. Tap on the + button in the Safari menu to add a bookmark. Choose Add Bookmark and tap Save.
3. Now tap on the Bookmarks button in the Safari menu. Hit the Edit button.
4. Select the Tap-Translate bookmark, then clear the address in the second field with the x button. Tap on the word ‘Address’ and then hit Paste. Hit Done and then Done again, and you’re all set up.
5. When you are browsing a foreign language site, go to your bookmarks and choose Tap-Translate. After the script has loaded (a couple of seconds) you can tap any word or piece of text to get it translated into your language. Simple!