Historic news about anime: Viz Media, owner of the rights to hundreds of series and movies, has announced through its website that we will be able to enjoy anime such as Naruto and Hunter x Hunter… totally free on YouTube!
Through a brief post on its official blog, the American company has confirmed that these anime and movies will be available to watch on the famous video platform without problems. In addition, they will arrive with English subtitles and Japanese dubbing, so the original version will be the one we have as a base on YouTube.
The move made has turned Viz Media, as well as the anime that appear in it, into a global Trending Topic. After all, we are talking about watching all the following fictions from YouTube:
- Death Note: the entire complete season (37 episodes). Playlist can be accessed from here.
- Hunter x Hunter: Seasons 1-3 (148 episodes). Playlist can be accessed from here.
- Inuyasha: all the complete seasons (197 episodes). Playlist can be accessed from here.
- Mr. Osomatsu: Seasons 1 and 2 (50 episodes). Playlist can be accessed from here.
- Naruto: Seasons 1-8 (220 Videos). Playlist can be accessed from here.
- Sailor Moon: all the complete seasons (238 videos). Playlist can be accessed from here.
At the moment, as of February 17, all the playlists are hidden, but with the videos included in each catalog. It is only a matter of time before Viz Media makes the list public and the more than 800 episodes that are planned are released on the platform.
On the other hand, some rumors point to this being the first move of others to come in the future, where more chapters will be released and from other series. Let’s hope it really happens.