The Fall Creators Update will be the second Windows 10 Update of 2017 and we now have the launch date. From the 17th October it will start arriving on all compatible PCs. As well as the launch date, we also know what the main features will be so let’s have a quick look at them.
Principally, the Fall Creators Update will give more power to Cortana, will improve Windows Shell (which comprises of the Start menu, the Taskbar, the File Explorer and the Action Center) and give new features to Edge.
Improvements to Cortana
- If Cortana is linked to an Android Telephone, you will be able to see notifications and missed calls on your desktop.
- Cortana will be able to block, close sessions, turn off and turn on equipment based on voice commands.
- Cortana will also get her own system settings section.
A Better Windows Shell
- New icons in the Start menu
- Scroll bars will reduce if the cursor isn’t near them.
- You will be able to see files saved in the cloud through OneDrive with “On-Demand Sync” in the file explorer.
- You will be able to share files more easily through the Share option in the Context Menu.
- New icons and designs.
A Boost to Microsoft Edge
- Better management of PDF and EPUB files, including annotations.
- Inactive tabs will have a translucent icon.
- You’ll be able to anchor pages to the taskbar.
- You will be able to save Favorites in different locations directly from the Favorites menu.
Other Interesting Improvements
- The Photos app will allow you to create videos form your photos.
- It’ll be possible to recover your Microsoft account password directly from the lock screen.
- Emoji 5.0 support and a new visualization panel.
- New option to link Android and iOS mobiles to your PC.
What do you think is missing from Windows 10 and what would you like to see added to Microsoft’s flagship operating system?
Keep your PC safe from Ransomware attacks with these simple tips: