This solution is ranked
in logo design apps for androidRead user opinions
in resources for background removalRead user opinions
in resources for changing the background of a photoRead user opinions
in resources for designing my own T-shirtRead user opinions
in tools to remove a sticker from a photoRead user opinions
in logo design apps for iPadRead user opinions
in software tools with layer-based compositingRead user opinions
in photo editors for WindowsRead user opinions
in software for creating photomontagesRead user opinions
in alternatives to PhotoshopRead user opinions
in graphic design programsRead user opinions
in resources for creating a logoRead user opinions
in drawing apps in Android for people with very little talentRead user opinions
in cover designing toolsRead user opinions
in photo editing programsRead user opinions
in drawing and CAD programs to teach homeless teenagersRead user opinions
in Photography programsRead user opinions
in drawing softwaresRead user opinions
in free Windows photo editors for adding text to imagesRead user opinions
in Ubuntu appsRead user opinions
in photo editors for MacRead user opinions
in pixel art programsRead user opinions
in free resources for logo designersRead user opinions
in Software programs to convert old black & white and color negatives to positive imagesRead user opinions
in software for Windows 10Read user opinions
in resources for removing red eyes in a photoRead user opinions
in drawing apps for PCRead user opinions
in free digital drawing softwaresRead user opinions
in free PC programsRead user opinions
in Alternatives to Microsoft PaintRead user opinions
in drawing programs and apps for digital paintingRead user opinions
in macOS appsRead user opinions
in softwareRead user opinions
in resources to edit photosRead user opinions
What the community says about Gimp
- "I needed something that was great at logo designs and was for android. I saw Gimp while searching and it is a free and open sourced application that has been great for my needs."
- "My friend Bill wanted to be placed on the beach to convince his girlfriend to go with him on a vacation, but he's never been to the ocean either. I used Gimp to swap him onto a nice, sandy beach, even though he took a picture in his backyard, with nothing on but swimming trunks. Totally convinced his girlfriend though!""Gimp is a great tool to edit and change pictures from any computer. While the program is not self explanatory and there's a steep learning curve, it does it's job well and you can't argue with the free price tag.""This is actually much better than Photoshop in so many ways tbh! Lots of functionalities for photo background-changing and everything. It's cool to have this for photo editors like me""Free and easy to use Gimp allows me to have almost all the functionality of photoshop without having to break the bank"
- #2 of 7
in logo design apps for iPad
- #3 of 14
in photo editors for Windows"Gimp claims to be a rival of Photoshop and to some extent it can be the truth but the reality is, the Photoshop is the sole representative of the league of its own. There is no argument to be made against the fact that if you are looking for the best of the best, then Photoshop is the way to go and not Gimp."
- "So I tried doing the composite photography (AKA photomontages) using Gimp. At first I had trouble figuring out how but my friend (whos been using gimp) taught me how so now I'm already working on it. I'm polishing the photo which I'll be using for my presentation in our photography class."
- #3 of 7
in alternatives to Photoshop"While I have used Photoshop before, it is expensive. As an art student, I was looking for something that would do what I needed but also be affordable. Gimp, is the perfect solution. It's free and has everything you need to create beautiful digital works.""When I switched to linux, I switched to Gimp from years of Photoshop. No regrets. It took me a while to learn where everything is , but the functionality is as good as Pshop for my needs. And ....it's free! "
- #3 of 8
in graphic design programs
- "Free Photoshop, say what? I was paying $10/month for the photographer package from adobe but now I can save that money and just use Gimp. it works great and does everything I need it to do, i was able to create a logo for my school club and it was free. "
- #3 of 8
in cover designing tools
- #3 of 11
in photo editing programs"Been using GIMP for years already and based on my experience this is perfect for creating graphics for websites and logos as well as photo editing. Let's be honest professional photographers might want to use Adobe than this but for me this is a fantastic tool that is free and can also be your learning curve before you buy the paid software out there. "
- "I think using this program can be very complicated at first, it will take some learning. It is free though, so don't worry about burning a hole in your pocket. Just honestly I think that using Photoshop is easier and the layout makes more sense. I find GIMP to be confusing, even just downloading the help menu to get help is confusing in itself. I find Photoshop more user friendly, and GIMP for people with more computer or coding knowledge. That all said GIMP does have many good features and tools to create awesome art and let your creativeness free."
- #4 of 13
in Photography programs
- #4 of 4
in drawing softwares"I used Photoshop for years and was very happy until Adobe decided to go to a subscription model. It is a good concept, but there are tools out there that will do nearly the same identical things as Photoshop and Gimp is the best alternative. Not only is Gimp free, it has nearly all of the same features as the other guy. You can't ask for more than free and Gimp should be on everyone's computer."
- #5 of 8
in Ubuntu apps
- #5 of 9
in photo editors for Mac
- #6 of 27
in pixel art programs"Wanting to expand my creativity, I started looking to get into pixel art. To get into that, I need a good pixel art program. So, I started looking for one and I came across "Gimp", this program was exactly what I wanted! It has all the features I wanted and it allows me to easily create pixel art.""I was looking for a decent pixel art program when I found Gimp. Both cost effective and user friendly, I was able to fix and doctor up photos without Photoshop. This gave me everything I needed to be creative with my art."
- "Gimp is free design editing software. sometimes slow. unusual interface. can open psd. can use photoshop tools. but is slow. like real slow. but can do what i need it to do like design logo. "
- "Gimp is definitely the program you need to use. It's like a free version of Photoshop. I believe you use it to do most, if not all, of the same things. "
- #7 of 15
in software for Windows 10"Gimp is exactly what you are looking for if you need to retouch or edits photos. You should have no problem using windows 10 as this is a newer app. Gimp has many features so chances are this is all you will need no to mention easy to use so you don't need to be an expert to take advantage of this software."
- "I was searching for resources for removing red eyes in a photo that I was going to put in my scrap book. I thought I would give Gimp a try since it is a free image editing software that many people seem to like. It did not work for me. The main problem I encountered was the interface. It is not intuitive at all. I ended up uninstalling this software and using something else.""I think this would be a great program for editing photos, however, I think any simple photo editing program would get the job done. I think this program would be successful if you wanted to do more with your photo than just remove red eye. It would get the job done nonetheless, I just think this program is capable of so much more than removing red eyes in photos."
- #7 of 8
in drawing apps for PC
There are no comments yet!
- #8 of 14
in free PC programs"If you're like me and cringe at the cost of photoshop, then Gimp is a great alternative. It has all the necessities to make great digital artwork and images, try it out before making the photoshop plunge!"
- "GIMP is a must have program for anybody that is interested in digital art. There are so many features available in this program that the possibilities for your artwork is endless. ""I needed something more powerful then Mircosoft Paint. This program was more then adequate. I think it rivals Photoshop, and it's free. It's very powerful and helpful. "
- "I've tried quite a few different programs for my digital painting and drawing. All of the free programs I have tried are missing key elements and the paid for programs are so pricey. Finally I found exactly what I was looking for in Gimp. This program has everything I need to create amazing works of art. Best part, the interface is customizable, and it's free. But i dont think this app specializzes in painting.""GIMP has a lot of the same functionalities of Photoshop. It's a great free program for digital drawing and painting. It is simple to download and use, and has tools for basic to advanced use.""I have been using GIMP for years and I love it. It can be hard to navigate at first but it's easy to get used to. I love items that are free but let you do so much, and this is one of those."
- #19 of 37
in macOS apps"There aren't too many photo programs that can come close to Photoshop. Enter GIMP, it's open source and free and has more than enough tools to almost be a Photoshop equal. It can be used by beginners but it's really for photo pros. It's one of the best free programs on the market."
- #24 of 31
in software"Gimp is great if you're looking for a PS alternative that is free. It's a little clunky if you are used to PS but honestly it's similar enough that it should do the trick if you're in a squeeze. The interface isn't quite as nice but most of the utility is there. "
- #29 of 30
in resources to edit photos