Keeping your Windows desktop clean and tidy is not as easy as it seems. Thousands of shortcut icons, photos and downloaded files multiply on your wallpaper like tribbles on the Enterprise. Sound familiar? Something is wrong if you often spend long hours searching for files or if you can no longer see your wallpaper because of so much junk. Fortunately, there is a simple and original method to keep your PC always tidy… Use a wallpaper to organize your computer’s desktop!
In today’s article we are going to offer you a selection of the best wallpapers to organize your PC. These are fun, elegant, original and completely free. With them you will have no excuse to get rid of the Diogenes syndrome on your desktop… What are you waiting for to download them?
1. Blue room
2. Black and white room
3. Room with light colors
4. Red room
5. Pastel color reminders
6. Color sorter
7. Floral notes
8. Rural notes
9. Simple and elegant
10. Turquoise organizer
11. Autumn trees
12. Office boxes
13. Romantic background
14. Blue and pink organizer
15. Couple with birds
How to use a background to organize your desktop
It is likely that after downloading some of the backgrounds we have presented you with, you will wonder how they can help you organize your desktop. It’s very simple! Just use some of the small receptacles, tables or shelves shown in the image as storage spaces.
For example, if you have downloaded a wallpaper with a room you can move the shortcuts you use the most on the shelves, leave the files you are working on on the table and place the recycle garbage can next to it. This way you turn your wallpaper into a small virtual room that you have to keep clean.
Haven’t chosen a room? Opt to fill in the spaces in the form of notes, boxes or colored spaces with your computer’s files, folders and shortcuts. To arrange them effectively, it is important that you first classify the files according to their usefulness. For example, reserve an area for photos, another for text files, another for programs, video games, etc.
And most important of all: If you don’t use a shortcut or file, delete it. Bring out the Marie Kondo in you and keep only what really makes a difference on your PC desktop.
Why it is important to organize your computer desktop
Although it may seem trivial, having your PC desktop disorganized can cause you quite a few problems. Would you like to know the most common ones?
- A messed-up desktop slows down your PC startup
- You will waste valuable time looking for that particular file you need for a meeting and it is nowhere to be found.
- Your wallpaper will be completely hidden
- The feeling of clutter can cause visual overwhelm
- You give a bad image to your boss, co-workers or customers.
Tips to keep your PC desktop always organized
Now that you have downloaded some of these wallpapers to organize your computer desktop, it will be much easier for you to keep it cleaner for longer. But don’t let your guard down, because if you slip back into bad habits, your desktop will be chaos again in no time. We know the temptation to keep all your files on your desktop is great. For that very reason, we’ve compiled a list of tricks to make it a lot easier for you.
- Keep only the shortcuts you need – Every time you install a program, it saves a shortcut on your desktop. Eliminate all those that you do not use. Remember that you can always access these programs by pressing the Windows start button and looking for them in the list.
- Create folders – If you can’t avoid keeping all your files on your desktop, it is recommended that you create folders to classify them. This way only folders will take up space on your desktop and inside you will find all the files neatly separated by subject.
- Avoid giving generic names to files – We know it’s tempting to save files on your desktop with the name “New Document 1” “Invoice 12132” or simply “adsasdadsa”. Take two seconds to give a meaningful name to each of your files and then it will be not only easier to sort them, but also easier to find them.
- Download a program to manage your icons – There are programs capable of managing in just a few clicks any of the icons you have stored on your desktop. One of the ones we like the most is Rainmeter, an interesting free app capable of customizing your desktop down to the smallest detail and organizing all the icons on your PC.
Say goodbye to a chaotic desktop
We hope our selection of wallpapers to organize your desktop has helped you. Want more wallpapers for your computer? Take a look at these 50 great wallpapers to download right now. And don’t forget that if you liked what you read, you can share it with your friends on social networks.