In this guide, we will unravel how to delete Starfield outposts, ensuring you can boldly go where no one has gone before.
The ability to set up bases on planets is crucial to your progress in Starfield’s huge space setting. Yet, as you advance through the game, you may find yourself facing the need to delete these outposts for various reasons. Whether it’s to declutter your planetary map or to make way for new, strategically placed outposts, knowing how to remove existing ones is crucial.
Why do we need to learn how to delete Starfield outposts?
There are two primary motivations behind deleting an outpost in Starfield. Firstly, your planetary map can become cluttered with outpost icons, making navigation a bit overwhelming. Deleting unnecessary outposts can simplify your experience and enhance your memory.
Secondly, and perhaps the most compelling reason, is the desire to build a new outpost at a different location when you’ve already exhausted your outpost slots.
How to delete Starfield outposts
Deleting an outpost in Starfield may not be immediately apparent, but it’s surprisingly straightforward when you know where to look.
- Locate the Beacon: To initiate the deletion process, you must physically approach the outpost’s beacon. These beacons are typically found near the center of your outpost.
- Identify the Options: When you’re standing in front of the beacon, you’ll notice two primary options: “Build” (A on Xbox and E on PC) and “Rename” (X on Xbox and R on PC). However, there’s a subtle clue hidden beneath the “Rename” option.
- Unveil the Hidden Option: Take a closer look at the “Rename” option, and you’ll spot small, dark text underneath, which reads “remove outpost.”
- Hold to Confirm: Instead of simply clicking the “Remove Outpost” option, press and hold the button used for renaming your outpost. Doing so will trigger a confirmation prompt from the game, asking if you indeed wish to delete your outpost.
- Confirm Deletion: Confirm your choice, and in an instant, your outpost’s beacon and all nearby buildings will vanish from the landscape, leaving a blank canvas for your future endeavors.
While some players have reported receiving small material refunds when deleting recently constructed buildings, our testing indicates that you won’t recover any materials when dismantling an outpost. Therefore, it’s essential to plan your outpost construction carefully to minimize resource wastage.
In the ever-expanding universe of Starfield, managing your outposts efficiently is vital for your success as an explorer. Knowing how to delete outposts allows you to adapt to changing circumstances and make room for fresh opportunities among the stars. So, venture forth with the knowledge you’ve gained and continue your epic journey in the limitless reaches of Starfield.