Having grown from humble beginnings to become one of the most popular image programs in the world, IrfanView has now reached its landmark fourth version. Humble independent developer Irfan Skiljan is testament to the theory that you don’t have to be big to be beautiful, and his photo viewer and editor still manages to be as quick and memory-friendly as ever, despite the addition of powerful new features.
Highlights of the latest release include improved support for Vista, a cool new color-enhancement function and a raft of new plug-ins and toolbar skins. A full list of IrfanView 4’s new features after the break.
- Improved Vista compatibility
- New display option: Center image in window (Menu: View->Display options)
- Toolbar skin option added (Properties->Toolbar)
- More Toolbar skins are available on the IrfanView homepage
- New Properties->Video option: Use DirectShow for playing (good for MJPG AVIs)
- New advanced batch option: Auto adjust colors
- “Enhance colors” can be now used on selections
- New EXIF dialog button: Show in Google Earth (if GPS data available)
- The EXIF dialog can stay displayed on screen
- New Hotkey: CTRL + SHIFT + M = Show/edit JPG comment
- Some bugs fixed (Start folder, RLE BMPs, ANI loading)