Space Invaders is an arcade classic that will live long in the hearts of gamers. In these days of 3D graphics, it seems barely believable that such a simple game with such basic graphics could be such a hit but of course, the beauty was in the gameplay. Of course, like all classics, it’s spawned a whole series of clones and copies, some good, some bad. Here is a selection of my top 5 although none of them quite have that special something of the original.
- Crusaders of Space – Great graphics and sound effects
- Arcadrome – Amazing 3D graphics although very hard to play
- Beer Asteroids – Space Invaders with beer bottles!
- Space Flights – Fast and furious although graphics are basic
- Typing Invaders – Play space invaders to improve your typing