Among many other subtle changes, there’s been a slight reworking of the Mac interface, support for the latest version of Growl, plus some fixes for crop, zoom, OSD and menu support.
Other improvements include better auto-detection of subtitles, enhanced support for Blu-Ray and fixes for playback on computers with older graphics cards.
The Go fullscreen automatically option in Lion has also been reinstated.
The summary of fixes and improvements on both Mac and Windows are:
- Reworking of the Mac OS X interface
- Fixed video output for old graphic cards on Windows XP, which are using DirectX
- Fixed video output on old Macs, notably PowerPC and GMA950 intel Macs.
- Support for HiDPI, aka Retina Display
- Support for H264 v4l2 devices on Linux
- Translations updates and new Scottish Gaelic translation
- Fixes for splitted RAR, MKV segmented, mp4 and Real media files playback.
- Rewrite of the Digital TV module on Windows
- Enhancements in HLS, Blu-Ray and various codecs support
- Fixes for subtitles auto-detection
- Fixes on Qt, skins2 and web interfaces