More news for Xbox users, although this time it’s all in the United States (unfortunately). According to Microsoft, the company plans to launch a new credit card called the Xbox Mastercard.
Launched in partnership with Barclays US Consumer Bank, the idea is that Xbox users can earn points every day with purchases of at least $1. With these points, players can purchase games, downloadable content, and much more. To be exact, the point breakdown is as follows:
- Xbox & Microsoft: 5 card points on eligible products in the Microsoft Store.
- Streaming services: 3 card points on selected streaming services like Netflix or Disney+.
- Food delivery services: 3 points on food delivery services like Grubhub or DoorDash.
- Everyday purchases: 1 point for each daily purchase.
From here, holders of this Xbox Mastercard can enjoy all kinds of benefits, from points bonuses to months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate. Here are the following:
- 5,000 points bonus after the first purchase.
- 3 months of Xbox Game Pass Ultimate for new Game Pass members after their first purchase.
- Choose one of the five available card designs.
- Payment flexibility.
These are just some of the benefits among many others listed on the Xbox Wire website, where you can check them all for more details. The Xbox Mastercard will not be available until September 21st. There is currently no information regarding its availability in Spain, so as soon as we have more information, you’ll be the first to know.
Some of the links added in the article are part of affiliate campaigns and may represent benefits for Softonic.