The context menu is usually a shorter and quicker way to access specific system tasks, like copying and pasting, deleting, renaming or checking the file’s properties. It’s also used by many programs to insert shortcuts to their main functions, and while this comes handy for most people, it may also end up turning Windows context menu into a real mess.
If your context menu is already so long that it takes you a few seconds to show it up, it’s time to jump into action. Here’s a list of apps that will help you clean messy context menus by removing obsolete entries, and also make them more useful with new functionality.
- JDContextMenu – This app adds twelve handy new features to your context menu, and lets you freely arrange them to suit your needs.
- Mmm Free – Easily get rid of all the options in the context menu you rarely or never use. It’ll make context menus faster to load and easier to use.
- Context Magic – Adds new commands to the context menu in Windows that make file management more comfortable. Perfect for heavy mouse users!
- Context Menu Editor – Remove all context menu entries you don’t need in just two clicks. Bear in mind you’re just deleting the menu entry, not the program it links to.
- FileMenu Tools – Create a sub-list to the context menu with a bunch of handy utilities. You can remove the ones you don’t use, rearrange them and create submenus and separators to adapt the context menu to your neeeds.