Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare will be released on November 4th, and now publisher Activision has revealed the minimum requirements for PC users, which are almost identical to those for last year’s Call of Duty: Ghosts.
Running Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare requires at least 6GB of ram, which is no change. It will be more interesting to see what Sledgehammer games publish as recommended requirements. This game is the first in the series to be genuinely ‘next gen’, so PC users with powerful machines will be hoping to be able to take advantage of them.
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare aims to shake up the massive series in a number of ways. The near-future setting has allowed Sledgehammer Games to include futuristic technology like exo-skeletons, which makes multiplayer especially very different to previous games. The single player campaign also introduces a famous face, in the shape of Kevin Spacey, and there is only one protagonist – you won’t jump between characters and scenarios.
Will this be enough to freshen up a series that seems to have lost it’s way?
Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare PC minimum requirements.
– OS: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
– Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
– Memory: 6 GB RAM
– Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
– DirectX: Version 11
– Network: Broadband Internet connection
– Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
– Sound Card: DirectX-compatible
Follow Jonathan on Twitter: @jonathanriggall