Hay Day now has a new mode: The Town. Discover everything you need to know to master this update!
The Town is the biggest Hay Day (available on iOS and Android) upgrade to date. With this new option, our dominions expand from the rural surroundings of our farm and lands to a small town with typical buildings and even a train station.
How to get the new city? What are the buildings and advantages for each of them? In this guide, I’ll give you the information you need to get the most out of Hay Day, the new features and to have even more fun with the game, if that’s possible!
How do I get The Town?
The Town is a new game area in Hay Day. To access it you must meet the following requirements:
- Have a minimum player level of 34
- Repair the platform next to your house in the neighborhood
Once you’ve achieved these two objectives, the train platform will act as a connection between your normal neighborhood and The Town, and you can travel there whenever you want.
The town is a new empty location but it will be filled with buildings and services to attract visitors who will give you significant amounts of money.
What is reputation?
In this guide, you’ll see that we often mention the term Reputation. Reputation is a new indicator that applies only to your new town and increases depending on how many more people have visited. This level will limit you when it comes to improving your people, but is developed in such a way that you can go up without being blocked.
The basic buildings: the train station and the Town Hall
Worry about improving the railway station and the Town Hall, the two basic constructions of your town, before engaging in building construction.
Tourists will visit your town by train. If you click on it, you’ll see know when the next train arrives. At the beginning, you’ll get 3 visitors. This number increases if you make improvements. For example, the first improvement will bring you to 6 passengers each trip.
- Materials needed to improve the building: tar buckets, bricks and drills.
With the City Council, you can know how many visitors are getting to your town and what each one of them does. When you start to play, your town will have a capacity of 9 concurrent visitors. Get building improvements to increase the ability of your people. For example, in the first improvement 3 more visitors will be added.
- Materials needed to improve the building: stone blocks, hammers and buckets of paint.
6 service buildings
The Hay Day Town has, for now, 6 different service buildings. Unlike your farm buildings, they do not produce goods for themselves. Instead, they’re places you can sell your products.
The strategy in The Town is to attract the largest number of potential visitors so that they can purchase your products.
Below are the buildings you’ll find in The Town and the requirements of reputation, money and time you need to create them as well as the time it takes to recover their stock and materials you’ll need to improve them.
- Required reputation level : 1
- Construction cost: 500 coins
- Construction time: 14 seconds
- Restocking time: 8 hours
- Materials needed to improve the building: screws, adhesive tape and stone blocks
- Required reputation level: 2
- Construction cost: 4,500 coins
- Construction time: 5 hours and 30 minutes
- Restocking time: 3 hours
- Materials needed to improve the building: nails, hammers and wooden panels
- Required reputation level: 3
- Construction cost: 26,000 coins
- Construction time: 1 day
- Restocking time: 2 hours and 30 minutes
- Materials needed to improve the building: wooden planks, screws and paint buckets
Hostal (“Bed & Breakfast”)
- Required reputation level: 5
- Construction cost: 45,000 coins
- Construction time: 1 day and 8 hours
- Restocking time: 8 hour
- Materials needed to improve the building: drills, bricks and paint buckets
- Required reputation level: 9
- Construction cost: 62.000 coins
- Construction time: 1 day and 12 hours
- Restocking time: 4 hours
- Materials needed to improve the building: drills, hammers and buckets of tar
- Required reputation level: 13
- Construction cost: 71,000 coins
- Construction time: 2 days
- Restocking time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Materials needed to improve the building:: drills, bricks and paint buckets
If you want more, build a personal train
With the tricks given so far, both your town’s Reputation and financial resources will improve. If you want it to happen faster, however, you can build a personal train that will allow neighbors come to your village, and you travel to theirs.
These are the requirements to repair your train, turning it into your personal train.
- Required reputation level: 4
- Construction cost: 13,000 coins
- Repair time: 6 hours
The Town will make you want to play Hay Day again
In this guide, I’ve explained the basic principles of The Town, but this is Hay Day update hides many other things that you’ll be able to discover little by little.
For example, each village will be different, since you can add decorative objects, like you already do in your neighborhood. In addition, this new mode includes lots of achievements.
In any case, if you haven’t played Hay Day for a while, now is a good time to resume your game. With all the new features, you’re going to feel like you’re playing a whole new game.
Follow me on Twitter: @mariabaeta