If you live outside the US then you’re probably aware that not all iPhone apps are available in your country’s store. This can be pretty annoying when you read reviews about great apps only to find out you can’t access them. Don’t worry though, because there is a simple trick within iTunes that lets you register for a US iTunes account without using a credit card. By entering a fake US address you can fool the system and complete the registration. Here’s how it’s done:
1. First, make sure you’re signed out of your iTunes account. Click the flag that appears in the bottom-right corner of the screen in iTunes and select the US Store from the list that appears.
2. Browse to a free app you want to download from the US Store and click on the Free button. You’ll now be asked to sign in or register. Click on the Create New Account button.
3. After clicking Continue and accepting the terms and conditions, you’ll be invited to create a new Apple ID. Enter an email address (separate to the one for your existing iTunes account), password, verification question and date of birth.
4. Click Continue again. Now you’re prompted to provide a payment method. However, the option we’re interested in here is the None radio button. Make sure this is checked then go on to enter a US address. Of course, you’ll probably have to make one up, unless you know someone who lives in the States. To do this you could use Fake Name Generator to get a real US address and phone number to type in.
5. Now check your email and click on the verification link. iTunes will open and you can sign in with your new account details. Hey presto, you’re in the US Store and can start downloading free apps from here! To access your new US account on your iPhone, simply go into Settings, then Store and sign out of your existing account. Then sign back in using your new credentials (don’t worry, the existing apps you’ve installed won’t be affected by doing this). Now you can enjoy all the benefits if having a US iTunes account!