Today I reviewed Speccy, the lastest utility from the Piriform team (the guys responsible for CCleaner, Recuva and Defraggler, all of them great apps). Speccy is a system information tool, that is, a program that analyzes your system and generates a complete report with all its hardware and software features. But it’s not the only one. In fact, taking a quick look at our System Analysis category, you can find a bunch of tools for that same purpose.
Oh, and don’t get me wrong here: knowing the speed of your CPU, your graphics card brand or the size of your hard drive is not something only computer geeks may be interested in. All those details can help you optimize your system, find the right RAM modules when you want to upgrade the computer’s memory and be better informed when trying to sell your PC – or when buying a new one! Here’s a selection of tools to shine some light on your PC’s insides.
- PC Wizard 2009 – Advanced system analyzer with thorough reports and lots of powerful benchmarking tools.
- HWiNFO32 – Obtain detailed information about the hardware installed on your system. Also available as portable app.
- SIW – This utility generates complete reports for hardware, software and network configuration in your system.
- Winaudit – Quick, exhaustive system analysis that includes virtually every detail of your computer configuration.
- Fresh Diagnose – Get a detailed report about your computer’s hardware and software, and benchmark its performance.