Mind maps – also known as concept maps – are visual diagrams used to represent ideas and tasks relating to a given topic. They come in especially handy when you need to generate and manage ideas for a work project, because having a visual representation of all available concepts helps you organize the necessary workflow in a more optimized way.
There are several ways to create mind maps, being the most traditional one a notebook and a pencil. White boards are also quite popular, mainly in companies and other working environments. But in a software-ruled world like ours, we prefer to pay attention to software and web tools that can help you create and handle those mind maps in a comfortable, practical way. Check out this list with the best mind mapping software apps out there.
- MindManager – capture ideas from several sources and create mind maps with them
- MindGenius – easy, intuitive mindmapping tool for everyone
- FreeMind – a mind map tool based on Java
- MindPad – create colorful, complete mind maps
- Visual Mind – mind map tool with a flexible graphic interface
- NovaMind – conduct brainstorming sessions and create mindmaps with their outcome
- CMapTools – free mindmapping tool with exporting capabilities
- Cayra – an open-source mind map program with basic functionalities
- ConceptDrawMindmap – professional tool to create concept maps
- Mindomo – online mind map tool in two flavors: Basic (free) and Premium ($6/month)