Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or just starting your CS2 journey, knowing how to keep an eagle eye on your Frames Per Second (FPS) and your ping is essential for gaming supremacy.
But with the latest installment, Valve has introduced a fresh twist to the game—new commands and visuals that add an extra layer of excitement to your gameplay.
It’s time to elevate your gaming experience to pro levels. So, gear up, click those settings, and let’s dive into the world of CS2 like never before!
How to show FPS in CS2
Before you can start using console commands to track your FPS and ping, you need to enable the developer console. Follow these simple steps:
- Click on the Settings icon located at the top-left corner of the game screen.
- In the Settings menu, navigate to the Game sub-menu.
- Under Game settings, look for the “Enable developer console (~)” option. Set this option to “Yes” from the drop-down menu and make sure to apply the changes.
- Now, press the ‘~‘ key on your keyboard (usually located just above the Tab key). This will open the CS2 developer console on your screen.
Monitoring FPS in Counter-Strike 2
Once you’ve enabled the developer console, you can use it to display your FPS. Follow these steps:
- With the developer console open, copy and paste the following command into the console:
- Press Enter to execute the command.
Congratulations! You have now successfully enabled the ‘cl_showfps 1‘ console command in CS2. Your FPS will be displayed beneath the map on the left side of the screen. When you join a game, you will see your FPS changing in real-time.
Additionally, you can experiment with two other variants of this console command by using
cl_showfps 2 and
cl_showfps 3. These commands provide additional information related to your frame time, helping you fine-tune your gaming experience. However, it’s important to note that these commands are distinct from the net graph command found in CS:GO.
Visualizing your ping with the new CS2 Net Graph command
Counter-Strike 2 introduces a new way to monitor your connection quality using the net graph. Here’s how to enable it:
- With the developer console still open, copy and paste the following command:
- Press Enter to activate the net graph.
Once enabled, you’ll see your connection quality statistics displayed right above the kill history at the top-right corner of your screen. This valuable information allows you to assess whether your connection to the game server is stable or experiencing lag.
Now that you know how to monitor your FPS and ping in Counter-Strike 2, you can fine-tune your gaming experience and stay ahead of the competition. Enjoy your CS2 gaming sessions with improved performance insights!