Get your swords and pickaxes ready, Minecraft Earth is almost here!
Well, at least the beta version is. The full game will be out later this year.
How do I sign up to play?
Unfortunately, the beta won’t be available to everyone as it has the following stipulations.
- The beta will be for iOS only. The Android beta will come out later.
- Certain areas will only be able to host a certain amount of players. This is a bit confusing. Let’s say you live in Chicago. Minecraft Earth’s beta version might only allow 5,000 people in the Chicago area to play the beta version. Follow Minecraft Earth on Twitter to keep up with the availability in your area.
- Your progress will probably be reset. Since it’s only the beta version, the creators are likely to update and patch the game. This may result in you losing all of your save data.
- You have to be 18 to sign up.
- If you are chosen, you will receive an email inviting you to play. If you don’t play at least once a week, you will forfeit your pass.
Minecraft also released a video showing details of the game if you were still curious about what it entails.
However, if it doesn’t entice you, you can still download the original Minecraft by clicking the link below: